Top 10 Styles – On this dreadful rainy day, I choose to write a jewelry blog post to brighten my mood!! Who knows, when I send this out it may be a scorcher out there – one can only dream for that to happen in March/April! Jewelry is still alive and kicking for Spring. The good news is that it will compliment many different styles – so don’t be weary, I have styles for everyone.
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO MIX & MATCH – Gone are the days of coordinating colours, styles and textures. It seems these days, we can actually get dressed in the dark and still be deemed stylish! Jokes aside, it’s all relevant to your individual fashion sense. I don’t think it works on everyone out there, but who am I to judge?
2. WHO SAYS SIMPLE IS BORING? – I do. Lol! I’m all about more is more but sometimes making a statement with a sleek line can give just as much impact as my overflow of bijoux. I have many friends that do the minimalist look with an edge. Shout out to Claudja and Victoria! I found a Martin Margiela simple gold choker with diamond on SSense that fits this style – http://bit.ly/1PI84eS
3.CHANNEL YOUR INNER GLADIATOR – Designers Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli have skillfully filled Mr. Valentino’s shoes by showcasing his elegance and attention to detail in their clothes and accessories. This season’s offerings is a fusion of Roman and African styles fused together in a most tasteful and respectful way, as they do so well season after season!
4. NOT JUST ANY RING PARTY! – The stacking of rings on many fingers has been an ongoing trend for some years now but this one pushes the boundaries with oversized and abstract rings worn in a row. This trend is not about comfort ladies, it’s about making a statement. This trend has made its way to Fall by Oscar de la Renta. So don’t give up on it just yet!
5. TAKE LAYERING TO A NEW LEVEL – Karl Lagerfeld has been stealing a piece of my heart every single season with his over adornment of jewelry! I may make snide comments about the redundant tweed garde-robe but I cannot complain about his abundance of bijoux! This season, he’s layered textured linked chains with pearls and crystals. I’m sure you all have at least one piece of these styles at home – LAYER AWAY!!
6. D.I.Y. GOES HAUTE – Who says we can’t take haute couture to the streets? No one says that, actually most people do take it to the streets. I love this look. If you don’t have a chunky crystal necklace; you can easily find one at any second-hand shop or look through your mom’s or grandmother’s drawers. Then simply tie silk ribbons (any colour of your choice) and we have ourselves an HAUTE Necklace!
7. PUNK IS STILL ALIVE – Leave it to the Brits to keep this style alive and well. And it’s only fitting that designer Sarah Burton represents McQ’s brand with his own sense of style. Pretty simple steal here, take a chain and wrap it around your body every which way and add charms. Or your best bet is to go out and buy a similar style here – http://bit.ly/25yVCd7
8. IN YOUR FACE & TAKES SOME SPACE! – Okay so this trend will literally make you stand out in the crowd! Hey, if you have the courage to do so – do it! We only live once people and really it’s just one side of the head. It’s pretty flat against your head so it’s not that crazy!
9. GO FOR THE FRINGE EFFECT – in a minimalist way. Chloe does a great job this season by taking the fringe and making it flirty and feminine in candy colours. Fringe is sold everywhere nowadays – you can simply add to your gold charm bracelets or necklaces.
10. GO ALL IN / 1 COLOuR – If you think about it, most of us do it already with silver or gold. But taking it up a notch and doing all RED or all BLUE or all YELLOW is kind of fun! I used to do this maybe it’s inspiring a new arm party from me.