Signature Style – I’m back and I promise to try to post once a week (at least). I was going through my Instagram profile and realized that my jewelry style has been very consistent over the years (and there are many). My style has changed over the years, of course, but I always wear MORE whenever possible: more rings on my fingers, more bangles on my arms, more necklaces around my neck. If I had pierced ears, I would probably opt for more there too so I compensate with over the top earrings instead!
So how do you know what your signature style is? Simple, first step is to look into your treasure box. Do you only have one white pearl necklace, one diamond ring and a Cartier/Tiffany bracelet – this is a simple one; you are Miss Classic.
I will make life simple for you and list a couple of styles that you could fall into:
- Classic Girl – Classic pearls, diamond studs, tennis bracelet, solitaire necklace/ring; you prefer understated elegance
- Boho Gal – Beaded bracelets, fringe earrings, layers of beaded/rope necklaces, earthy gemstone rings; as long as it is ethical and made in a fair-trade country
- Minimalist – Sleek silver (usually the metal of choice) lines for every piece of jewelry; you appreciate art in all its shapes and forms.
- Rocker Chick – It’s all about the hardware; you have no rules when it comes to your style even though you prefer edgy pieces over the classics.
- Eccentric – Mix and matching is your thing; it doesn’t matter what style it is, it’s how you feel today! From chunky bangles to simple studs – you’re the boss of you.
- Trendsetter – Whatever is in style, you’re wearing it! If it’s hot off the runways, then it’s good enough for you!
- Down to the Earth – Silver/Gold mixed with natural elements like wood, semi-precious stones or cork. You may have a laid back style but you do like to wear one statement piece that makes your outfit.
If I were to choose my style, it would be difficult because I think I’m a mix between rocker and eccentric and whatever else I feel like wearing. But, still my signature style remains that I always wear A LOT of everything!
It got me thinking – if I have a signature style then so do you And it’s time we start connecting a little more. I’m calling out to all my readers to join me in this self-discovery mode. Upload photos in the comments or better, send me some images by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send me a links of images. And if you don’t see your style, please create one just for you! It’s not called signature style for nothing!
FIND YOUR VOICE. ROCK YOUR JEWELS.